from FineCooking Magazine
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutesServes 4
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
6oz/170g Swiss chard, separate stalks from leaves, finely chop both
3 cups Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
10 large eggs
6oz/170g (about 2 cups grated aged Gouda cheese - or your favorite)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. In a 9”/23cm non-stick skillet (if it can stand the heat or lower the heat and bake a bit longer), Heat olive oil over medium high heat. When warm, add rosemary, stir until aromatic. Add the Swiss chard stems, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Saute until onion is soft (about 8 minutes).
3. Remove from heat, stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Spread evenly in the skillet.
4. In the meantime, in a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs well with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix in the chard leaves and grated cheese. Pour over the potato mixture in the skillet.
5. Sprinkle some paprika and bake until the frittata is puffy and golden – about 15-20 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving.